Beautiful boundweave structures– from the simple to the complex — will be our inspiration as we cover theory, technique, and the basics of weaving weft-faced patterns.
We’ll explore the functional and decorative possibilities of boundwoven cloth for clothing, rugs, and art fabrics.
In a content-filled and friendly workshop you will discover how to draft, design, and weave weft-faced textiles that are both decorative and durable by weaving a set of examples with patterns — geometric, floral, flamepoint, or figurative — on a variety of threadings.
Table or floor looms with 4 shafts will be dressed to weave plain weave, krokbragd, and rosepath with different tie-ups and treadlings to create colorful boundwoven cloth. Students will work on their own looms.
The workshop begins at 1 PM, Wednesday, September 21, 2022 and continues Thursday (9/22/22) and Friday (9/23/22) from 9 AM-4 PM. You can bring your own lunch or we can do a potluck (will be determined later).
Online Registration will open at 9 AM Tuesday July 12, 2022.
Price: $75 with Guild member discount July 12 – Aug 12. $105 for all tickets Aug 13 – Sep 12. This Retreat is partially sponsored by a 2022 ANWG Grant of $600. Prices include PayPal transaction fees.
Requirement: A 4-shaft pre-warped loom. 8-shaft patterns will be discussed on the last day and students with 8-shafts can rethread their loom if desired.
The materials fee of $10 for a color handout booklet will be collected at the workshop.
Maximum students: 15
Registration requires that you comply with the following policies:
- Register only online for the workshop or seminar. No checks will be accepted.
- Full payment is required at the time of registration and 45 days prior to the event. If there are not enough paid attendees, the guild must give cancellation notice to the instructor and/or facility 30 days before the workshop start date.
- If the workshop/seminar is full, you may register for the Waitlist RSVP. It tracks wait-listed members in order.
- Registration is transferable. If you are unable to attend, it is your responsibility to contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The ticket mistress will cancel your registration and contact the next person on the Waitlist RSVP to register online.
- If you cancel >45 days prior to the event and no replacement is found, you are charged $50.
- If you cancel <45 days prior to the workshop and no replacement is found, there is no refund.
- If the workshop is cancelled for any reason, participants shall be refunded all workshop fees.
- If participant fee income exceeds the adjusted fixed cost, excess income goes to the Memorial Fund.
- Copyright Notice: All digital or printed handouts, lecture materials, study guides and recordings provided by the instructor for purposes of this in-person or online workshop, seminar or program are the property of the instructor, and may be copyrighted. No part of these materials may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior permission of the instructor.